Cell phones are like little diaries where we store very valuable information, however, phones with Android operating systems have an advantage over others.
Google day by day develops new technologies designed to help facilitate everyday life, especially those who have problems or limitations, as is the case of the hearing.
The portal specialized in technology Hypertextual publishes that the automatic transcription, which allows converting into text It is available for the Android system and performs the function in real time.
The app creates the text of what is spoken instantly.
As indicated by the msma Google page in Android accessibility help, Google's instant transcription is installed by default on Google Pixels and other phones, but very possibly will be natively integrated into more models in future versions of the operating system. Google.
- Download Instant Transcript on Google Play.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Tap the Instant Transcription app.
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
- Place the device's microphone close to the person or sound you want to capture. Generally, the microphone is on the bottom of the device.
Google advises using external microphones, such as USB microphones, Bluetooth or wired headphones to use this tool.
Other Android devices can have this function, after downloading from Google Play. You can download it by clicking here: Download tool
These are the steps to activate the tool that is installed by default:
- Go to 'Settings' in the configuration section of your cell phone
- Click on the 'Accessibility' settings
- Select the 'Instant transcription' option and activate it by clicking 'Use service'.
- Finally, accept the permissions and conditions,
- To start Instant Transcription, swipe two fingers up or press the accessibility button. Learn more about using the gesture or the Accessibility button.
Now you can use this tool to simplify your tasks, but remember that not all words can be recognized by the system, so you must add them to the dictionary. You can do it by following these steps:
- Select Settings and then tap on 'More Settings'.
- Then click on 'Custom Words' and finally on 'Add Word'. (AND)